Wednesday 11 April 2012

Stolen by Lesley Pearse

Well this book took me all of three days to read, I could not put it down! I was gripped from the start. The story is set mainly on the south coast of England in Brighton and it's surrounding area and is about two characters Lotte and Dale. Woven into the story of how they met, became friends and went through a harrowing time together is life, romance and those difficult relationships some of us have.
As I said I was hooked from the start. The book is about a girl (Lotte (or should I say woman)) who is found washed up on a beach and she can't remember how she came to be there. Although I loved this book there was one chapter that I was not so keen on (spoiler alert: the chapter where Lotte and Howard are united) and for this reason alone I am going to reduce my scoring for the book.
Who is it for? ladies and book clubs who want something that isn't just about the middle class way of life in Britain.
Score: 9/10




No comments:

Post a Comment