Saturday 31 March 2012


The Rats by James Herbert


I have to say I was not looking forward to reading this book. It was the choice of my younger sister and as a member of the club I had to read it. Once I got past the first two chapters that were a little disturbing I quite enjoyed the story. The book makes you think about what is out there and how individuals (in this case Harris) can make a difference.
Recommended for: people who like rats, those who aren't scared by much...
Score: 6/10
Watch out for our club discussion to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Well we had our meeting for this book. As a group we all agreed that it was probably a little too gruesome in parts and more could have been made about the characters. We did have to keep reminding ourselves that this book was written in the 1970's which we found fascinating as only one of us was born in the 70's and the rest of us are 80's babes. We thought that the actual writing was quite 'basic' but having said this once we realised that there was a sequel we all agreed we would like to read it.

    ReplyDelete