Monday 27 August 2012

Fariytale of New York


Well I was really looking forward to this book as if you are a regular on my site you will know that I have just visited the Big Apple after many years of saving and planning. I wasn't disappointed with the setting and enjoyed the descriptions of the characters, however the story seemed to lack the 'fairytale'side for me. The story is based around the main character Rosie Duncan, an English rose who has relocated to New York. Like many characters Rosie has a 'secret' and we did not learn what it was until the middle of the book (which was refreshing as many a time I can work out the plot quite early on) and it helped to keep me reading. There were moments whilst reading when I was shouting at the main character (spoiler alert) because of her relationship with Ed. Like many romcoms I read there were twists and turns, characters didn't have any problems with money, a nice place to live or life in general. All in all a good holiday read as long as you don't want a life changing story.
Score: 6 out of 10
Who is it for: people who want a quick read.


No comments:

Post a Comment