Sunday 15 July 2012

Christmas at Tiffany's by Karen Swan

I saved this book for my recent book to New York, a place I have wanted to visit since I was 13 years old. I didn't understand the significance of  'Breakfast at Tiffany's' until I recently watched the movie and instantly fell in love with the idea of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. Needless to say on my recent first (hopefully of many) visit to the Big Apple I took part in the 'fantasy'. Anyway I digress....to the book. The main character, Cassie is placed in a rather unforgivable situation by her husband and due to this she begins a search for the life that best fits her. If I had to start again I would definitely follow the routes that Cassie takes. During the book Cassie has to overcome that fact that her three closet friends have all made different lives for themselves and despite her best attempts there is no one life that fits her. The book takes Cassie to my three favourite cities New York, Paris and Venice and Karen Swan gives excellent descriptions of places that Cassie visited which also makes the book a quick read.



Who is it for: People who have not recently had their heart broken, those who want to find out a little about the different cities, Paris, New York and Venice (there isn't that much about London), those who want to be inspired to make changes.
Score: 8 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment